The team here at Next Day Animations is really quite a literary bunch. Over the past few years, we have had a team book club, in which we take turns choosing a work-related book to read and discuss. These books have ranged in topic from creativity, to profitability, to dreaming big, to inbox management. So if you’re looking for some summer reading, we’ve got recs! Whether you are looking to start your own professional book club or just trying to expand your knowledge individually, here are some of the books we’ve read.
Next Day Animations Book Club Picks:
- Contagious by Jonah Berger – This book looks at how ideas spread, and how to craft messages that people want to share.
- Unsubscribe by Jocelyn Glei – Feel overwhelmed by your inbox? You are not alone. A practical look at how to manage your email and maximize productivity.
- How We Learn by Benedict Carey – A fun exploration of the science behind learning.
- Creative Confidence by Tom Kelley and David Kelley – This book gives advice on how to live and work with bold creativity.
- Make The Impossible Possible by Bill Strickland and Vince Rause – A memoir that shows no dream is too big or unrealistic.
- Why Simple Wins Lisa Bodell – An argument for simplicity, and a how-to guide to simplify your business.
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin – A marketing classic about how to stand out and make yourself remarkable.
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz – A fun manual on how to prioritize profits in your business. Can be applied to personal finances too!
From these books and the discussions, we always glean a ton of ideas to bring into our work — both in how we operate as a company and the products we create for our partners. We’re great at what we do, but there’s always more to learn!