Oh, Social Media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat. MySpace for the nostalgic, Ravelry for the yarn-enthusiasts, and The Sphere for the super rich living in the dystopian future. There are nooks and crannies of the internet built for people of every interest to meet each other.
Marketing on social networks means connecting with the specific audiences they attract. And now more than ever, it means using video.
- By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic.
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- 51% of all video plays are on mobile devices.
So how do you make yourself stand out among the pictures of cats and cocktails garnished with hamburgers?
- Tell a Story. Video makes this easy. At Next Day Animations, we make explainer animations every day, distilling the emotional core of a story to engage and connect with viewers. Whether we’re talking about policy or plungers, we know viewers are more likely to retain a message when it’s told with authenticity and heart. And statistics show that video content sticks with an audience more than any other format.
2. Use Gifs. These moving images are the perfect attention-grabber. Their uses are endless– able to work as punchlines to jokes and examples of your very serious product in action. In the midst of a feed that consists mainly of photos, illustrations, and text, they stand out. We love to make gifs to accompany our animations. Check out more information on that service here.
3. Use Short Videos. These 15-30 videos are spreading across the internet. They serve as trailers for the trailer, redirecting to longer explainer videos. Or they pull your audience straight to your website or the phone. With surprising and witty content, it’s easy for them to go viral. Click here to check out some short videos we’ve made.
4. Be Consistent. Post regularly. This keeps your audience checking your feed week after week. For bonus points: Introduce a recurring post or event. Maybe it’s a monthly video highlighting a new aspect of your service or a weekly gif of your puppy’s greatest tricks. Either way, they’re bound to love it. Need help keeping things on a schedule? Our team delights in managing social media accounts.
5. Mix it Up. Variety of content draws viewers. Gifs, videos, illustration, text, and photography each bring something to the table. So use all of them. We’re attracted to difference, to the new and unusual. Be bold. And as previously mentioned, our team loves to create content and manage social media accounts.
At Next Day Animations, we’re passionate about taking complicated ideas and making it quick and clear– then quicker and clearer. Social Media offers an exciting challenge and a unique opportunity to connect with your audience through explainer animations. We’d love to collaborate with you.