As a small team of passionate people working on the east coast, the west coast, and beyond, the times we all get together are rare and wonderful. This past week was no exception as we gathered at Fox Haven Farms in Jefferson, Maryland for our second retreat of the year.
We worked hard, learned, and played, but let’s get specific.
What did we do?
- Tumbled through ropes courses and ziplined across ravines during team-building exercises.
- Increased our collective skill-set through an Adobe After Effects training.
- Discussed (with the help of rockstar facilitators associated with Baltimore Racial Justice Action) how to support racial equity in our company and in the work we do.
- Explored Harpers Ferry’s history through a local ghost tour.
- Set goals for future company initiatives.
- Filmed our first videocast (coming soon to a computer monitor near you!) starring Beny, client advisor, and Caitlin, productions director.
- Painted, drew, wove, and otherwise crafted together.
- Received our first of many collectable “Retreat Badges” designed by illustrator extraordinaire, Dayna.
I could write more, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Take a look at some key moments we captured below. We’ve been sharing them all week and are excited to pass them along to you.